Monday, March 4, 2013

Introduction to Mrs. Carter




Crochet Beanie: Woooo Pig Soooie
I am happily married and have been for nearly four years. I would have no qualms about being a Susie Homemaker for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, in these economic times, it just does not seem feasible. I attend a state university by the name of Henderson. I study Spanish, because it has been the only constant thing in my life. I am enamored by the language, and consider it a personal obsession. I also find myself obsessed with quality yarn with which I create things. Some of these things I sell in an etsy shop at http://stitchinstyles.etsy.com.


This blog will give insight to the young woman who creates pieces for the Stitchin’ Styles shop. I like to think of myself as a content old lady. Crochet, like Spanish, is a passion of mine. I have recently learned to knit. While knitting is not necessarily my forte, I do quite enjoy the end product. I also enjoy reading. I have a particular preference for romance novels. Since we don't have television programming at our house, we watch a lot of movies. I like to think I'm pretty decent at cooking.

Things to expect from this blog include my thoughts on movies we've recently watched, books I've recently read, meals I've recently concocted, and patterns and yarns that I've recently used.

Before moving to The Natural State, I played with minnows in Texas as a young child. I lived with my paternal grandmother in Vallejo, CA around the age of nine. I constantly got suspended from Natomas, CA, district schools for bad behavior while living with my father. At the age of twelve, I walked the train tracks in West Sacramento, CA, because someone stole the seat from my bicycle. At the age of thirteen, some girls in the locker room at Fernley High School in Nevada threw my favorite shoes in the toilet. I met fellow blogger For The Love of Bookends and was introduced to one of my favorite literary genres in Fernley.  At the age of fifteen, I fell in front of the entire school during an awards assembly in Fernley. At the age of sixteen, I was reunited with my mother and sister. I moved to live with them in Caldwell, ID. At eighteen, I moved to Moscow, ID, to attend college. At the tender age of just nineteen, I met the man I knew I would make my husband. At twenty, I moved to Jacksonville, AR, under the pretense of helping my little sister with her newborn son. Shortly thereafter, I moved to the city where I currently reside.


Caveat: I create most of my own patterns, meaning I don't usually use a pattern when creating things, and I don't usually write my patterns down. If I find there is some demand for this, I may consider adding a patterns section to my shop.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning me. I'm glad you came to Fernley, and funny thing, I'm moving to Natomas this weekend. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Way.
      There used to be this little burrito place up the street and around the corner from the apartments we lived in, and those burritos were Divine.
      Also, Natomas is where I saw peacocks in real life for the first time. I was riding my bike around a neighborhood outside of our gated complex and just gawked. I went home to ask my father if it was legal to have peacocks as pets.
      He asked where I had been.

      So, of course, I never got an answer.

      Delete